This Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") governs your use of the services of UKU Connect Limited ("UKU Connect"), and you will be asked to agree to the terms of this Policy before using those services (the "Services").
1. You must not:
(a) use the Services in any way that causes, or may cause:
(i) damage to UKU Connect's or any UKU Connect subcontractor's business, systems or services; or
(ii) impairment of the availability or accessibility of UKU Connect's or any UKU Connect subcontractor's systems or services;
(b) use the Services in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, misleading or harmful;
(c) use the Services in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, misleading or harmful purpose or activity;
(d) use the Services in any way that is liable to put UKU Connect in breach of a contractual or other legal obligation owed by UKU Connect to any UKU Connect subcontractor;
(e) use the Services to gain unauthorised access to any computer, network or system;
(f) use the Services for or in connection with any bullying or trolling;
(g) use the Services in any way that may restrict or inhibit any other person's use of UKU Connect's or any UKU Connect subcontractor's products or services;
(h) forge header information, email source addresses or other user information;
(i) access, monitor or use any data, systems or networks, including another person's private information, without authority or attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any data, system or network;
(j) compromise the security or integrity of any network or system including the UKU Connect network;
(k) use another person's name, username or password or otherwise attempt to gain access to the account of any other customer; or
(l) tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to any network or system.
2. You must not use the Services to store, host, copy, process, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send works or materials that:
(a) are illegal or unlawful;
(b) will or may infringe any person's Intellectual Property Rights or other legal rights; or
(c) could give rise to legal proceedings, whether against you, UKU Connect, a UKU Connect subcontractor or another third party,
in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law.
3. Without prejudice to the generality of Paragraph 2, you must not use the Services to store, host, copy, process, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send works or materials that:
(a) are defamatory, slanderous, libellous or maliciously false;
(b) are obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral rights, database rights, patents, trade mark rights, design rights or rights in passing off;
(d) infringe any rights of confidence, rights of privacy or rights under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
(g) are in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(h) are in breach of racial or religious hatred legislation or discrimination legislation;
(i) are blasphemous; or
(j) are in breach of official secrets legislation.
4. You must not use the Services to store, host, copy, process, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send works or materials that:
(a) are pornographic or sexually explicit;
(b) constitute spam or unsolicited marketing communications;
(c) are likely to cause annoyance, offence, inconvenience or anxiety to another person;
(d) are viruses, Trojans, worms, root kits, spyware or other harmful software, programs, routines, applications or technologies;
(e) constitute software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may negatively affect the performance of a computer or present significant security risks to a computer;
(f) include corrupt data; or
(g) are or are part of a chain letter, Ponzi scheme, pyramid scheme, matrix program, or similar scheme or program,
except to the extent that UKU Connect expressly agrees otherwise.
5. Subject to the other terms of the Agreement, you may store, host, copy, process, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send encrypted works and materials using the Services. If UKU Connect so requests, you shall promptly:
(a) decrypt such works and materials and provide the decrypted works and materials to UKU Connect; and/or
(b) supply to UKU Connect the encryption keys and any other information reasonably required to decrypt such works and materials.
6. You must not use the Services to send, store or process junk emails, unsolicited commercial emails or bulk unsolicited emails (spam).
7. If you use the Services to send marketing emails, you must:
(a) only send emails to those parties that have agrreed to recevie such emails in accordance with GDPR;
8. In connection with the sending of emails using the Services, you must not:
(a) include false, deceptive or misleading header information, including a false domain name or address;
(b) use a false, deceptive or misleading subject line;
(c) include sexually explicit content;
(d) add an address into your list without the subscriber's permission;
(e) maintain an email address in your list for which an opt-out request has been received;
(f) use lists older than 6 months without obtaining confirmation of the subscriber's permission;
(g) harvest email addresses from websites or web services;
(h) generate email addresses by using a dictionary attack combining letters and numbers into multiple permutations;
(i) use scripts or automated systems to register for multiple email or user accounts to send commercial emails;
(j) relay emails through a computer or network without permission;
(k) use your subscription form to subscribe users for an unrelated list or to send them content differing from the one they have agreed to;
(l) send emails with added words/characters in an attempt to bypass Bayesian filters;
(m) send, or attempt to send, spam of any kind from third-party networks using a return email address that is hosted on the UKU Connect network, or referencing an email address hosted on the UKU Connect network;
(n) send email messages which result in complaints from the recipient or from the recipient's email provider, or which result in the blacklisting of the sender's email address or mail server;
(o) send email messages which are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others;
(p) continue to send email messages to a recipient that has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive them;
(q) take any actions intended to cloak your identity or contact information, including but not limited to intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting message headers or return addresses; or
(r) take any other action that results in the blacklisting of the sender's email address or mail server, or negatively impacts other customers of UKU Connect or a UKU Connect subcontractor.
9. In the absence of positive, verifiable proof to the contrary by a Customer, UKU Connect will consider complaints by recipients of emails to be conclusive that the recipient did not subscribe or otherwise request the email(s) about which a complaint was generated.
10. You must not abuse or insult any UKU Connect personnel, or any UKU Connect supplier, subcontractor or customer.
11. If UKU Connect reasonably suspects that there has been a breach of the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy, UKU Connect may:
(a) delete, disable, edit or amend the relevant works or materials;
(b) suspend any or all Services and/or your access to any or all Services while it investigates the suspected breach; and/or
(c) charge you for any costs incurred by UKU Connect in investigating the breach and taking action under this Paragraph 10.
12. You must not authorise, aid, abet, encourage or incite any other person to do any act prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy.
13. Any breach of the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy shall constitute a material breach of the Agreement.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
1.Definitions and interpretation 1.1 In the Agreement: "Acceptable Use Policy" means the...
This policy explains when, why and how we collect personal information from the people who visit...
This Schedule applies if the Customer orders a domain name through UKU Connect via the UKU...
This Schedule will apply if the Customer purchases Email Services from UKU Connect via the UKU...
This Schedule sets out the terms of the money-back guarantee that applies to certain Services...